Creative Nonfiction Book Award
Prize: $1,000 and Publication (Deadline: June 15, 2017)
• One copy of your manuscript of 120-300 pages.
• An acknowledgments page may be included.
• $25.00 reading fee made payable to Zone 3 Press.*
*Reading fee includes a one-year subscription to Zone 3.
• Please include one title page with the title only (no personal identification) in your document.
• Click here to complete the submission manager form.
• In the genre field, scroll down to choose "Creative Nonfiction Book Award," and upload your manuscript.
• You will be directed to another webpage for secure payment.
• Please upload by June 15, 2017.
• Submissions to the 2017 Creative Nonfiction Book Award will open January 1, 2017.
Eligibility and Additional Considerations
•The competition is open to all authors writing original works in English. Manuscripts that embrace creative nonfiction’s potential by combining lyric exposition, researched reflection, travel dialogues, or creative criticism are encouraged. Memoir, personal narrative, essay collections, and literary nonfiction are also invited.
• The final judge is Janisse Ray.
• In order to ensure the integrity of this award, current and former students and faculty of APSU are not eligible to enter. In addition, Zone 3 Press will not accept manuscripts from contestants who have previously studied with or have a personal relationship with the announced judge.
• The winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone.
• The judge may choose no winner if she finds no manuscript that, in her estimation, merits publication and the award.